Friday, January 21, 2011

Book Review

Lust by Robin Wasserman

Synopsis: 
Alpha girl Harper is used to getting what she wants, 
and that means Adam, 
Beth’s all-American boytoy.
Blonde, boring Beth, who Kane,
the charming playah, secretly wants too.
Miranda thinks Kane is out of her league,
but she wants him all the same.
And then there’s the new girl,
Kaia, who only wants trouble,
and he’s definitely on his way.
Review:
Like the book Private, I randomly picked this book up as well. When I first saw it, I  thought of the movie Seven, with Brad Pitt, and I just brought it to the library counter without even reading the back. This book is basically a young adult soap opera staring high school seniors who live in a small boring town out in the middle of nowhere. The whole book is about who loves who and who has sex with who, it almost reminds me of Beverly Hills 90210 just in book form.
The first sentence of the book made me gasp, then laugh completely out loud, people stared (it’s not the first time though, I tend to laugh a lot in public while reading books). So just a taste of this book for y’all...”‘And it was the best sex I ever had.‘ Harper finished off  the story with her favorite line and a lascivious grin.” And as sad as it might be, I was kinda hooked. I wanted to know about all the drama that these small town kids were going through. Little did I know it really was all about sex and love and loving someone who doesn’t love you back and the thrill of the chase and blah blah blah. However, it was interesting enough to finish. 
I feel like the plot of the story could have been a little bit better with more to it, I wasn’t really expecting much when I picked it up off of my nightstand so I don’t really know (unfortunately.) I think the characters were basic young adult characters that I have seen in other books, like Gossip Girl. The boys were gorgeous, one being an All-American, very athletic, great to his girlfriend, and the other being a complete player. The girls were all pretty in different ways, except possibly one, which she ended up being my favorite character. I mean she had FLAWS, she had body image issues and it was great to read about. One girl was from a big city and acted all that, the other was all that in her small town. It was almost like you have seen it before. The ending actually made me want to see what was going to happen in the next book, it left me with a cliff hanger and I just want to know if it works out, so I will be reading book 2 titled Envy.
Cover: 9/10
Beginning: 4/5
Ending: 4/5
Plot:  7/10
Characters: 8/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Grade: 80%= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment