1. Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer. I just finished this book about an hour ago and I was in love with it. I read it in a day and I feel like it is a great beach read. It was very entertaining to read and if you haven't heard of it/ read it yet, I think you should give it a shot (and let me know what you think of it as well)
2. Anything Sarah Dessen. She is an awesome young adult writer and I have found quite a few adults who enjoy her writing just as much as teenagers.
3. the Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz...what can I say, it's about being a nanny during the summer
4. Anything Sophie Kinsella. She is a great chick lit writer. Her books are fun and easy reads. Very relaxing.
5. Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar (I feel like I always spell her name wrong)
6. Any of the "Holiday Books" by Kate Cann. It's been a few years since I have read these but I remember them being great beach reads.
7. Georgia Nicolson books = amazingness. I cannot wait until Anna is old enough for me to pass these books down to her...or maybe buy her her own set because I don't think I will ever be able to part with them. If she is turning 11 how old do you think she should be when I buy her these?
8. the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. These are such summer books, how could I not put them on the list?
9. And since I love me some mysteries, the Abby Cooper Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie
And last but not least:
10. some Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris
So what books might make an appearance in your beach bag this summer?