Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books that became Movies. This was hard for me at first basically because I either watched the movie but never read the book or I read the book but haven’t seen the movie yet. So here is the list I was finally able to come up with.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney- I read this book last summer when I was babysitting one day. It was so cute, I finished it in the few hours that I was there. On my way back from vacation a couple weeks later, I was able to see the movie and I was laughing so hard that people were staring at me.
- Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison- I think this book ends up on all of my lists, but I love it. When I heard about the movie on Nickelodeon, I taped it and I watched it over and over again (I may be 24 in reality but my mind is like 14) If I were to make the movie, I might have done a few things differently, but it was still good...and now I am wishing I still had it taped so I can watch it again.
- Chronicles of Narnia the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis- I read this book when I was younger and it was one of my favorite series (Boxcar children was the other) I just love how when you read it you can’t help but let your imagination run wild. When the movie came out I was so excited, my mom and I went on a day that I was home from college and kids were in school, it was so much fun. I loved everything about the movie, I think they did such a great job with it.
- Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian & Voyage of the Dawn Treader- yes I am making these both number 4, I feel the same way about them as the first novel.
- In her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner- This is the book that made me fall in love with Jennifer Weiner. I own both the book and the movie because I loved them both so much. I think the casting director did a great job with casting the movie. (I also think this book helped add my shoe addiction)
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson- I read this book for my Young Adult Lit class and ironically enough one day before class I saw the movie on Lifetime (had to tape the rest so I wouldn’t be late to class) I think the movie probably could have been better, but every time its on TV I watch it.
- Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer- I watched the first movie before I read the book and the movie was good enough to make me want to read the book. I think that the casting could have been better for both Bella and Edward, but that's just me.
- Ramona and Beezus by Beverly Cleary- It feels like I read this book forever ago, but I saw the movie this past summer with Anna (the 9 year old I babysit and my own personal Ramona) and I of course loved it. When I was younger I couldn’t help but think that I was Ramona and my older sister was Beezus. But now I have my “younger” sister Anna who is not blood related but the best little sister I could have asked for. Sometimes she drives me crazy like Ramona did to Beezus, but in the end I still love her to death.
- P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern- Can I just say that I love Gerard Butler. My sister made me read this book and told me “don’t forget to have tissues around when you read it.” I scoffed, I mean I don’t cry while reading books. Well I was wrong, I swear this book ruined my life when it came to crying during books/movies. I still think that it was a great story, but I don’t know if I would ever read it again...I went through a lot of tissues.
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares- I have read this book multiple times, I bought the movie right when it came out on DVD. I watch it every time it is on TV. I enjoy the first movie better than the second but I enjoy all of the books.
So what's on your list...