Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by the Broke and the Bookish. This weeks list is the Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2011. So I just spent like 20 minutes coming up with my list and then wrote this whole post out and then I lost it. I have no idea how but I did. So here is to try number 2.
- Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella. This book, like quite a few on this list, has been hanging out on my bookshelf for a good amount of time. Since the Mini Shopaholic came out I figure I need to get to this one so I can go and buy that one.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling. In October I got Anna (the 9 year old I babysit) into the movies and on Thursday she told me that she wants to read these books with me. I have been trying for ages to get their girl to want to read something and I am so excited that we can do this together. We are even going to try to get her cousin Tommy to join us in our mini book club. Let’s hope it works.
- the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I saw this movie with the kids I babysit and I went and bought the first three books right after. They are in a nice little case since they came together and they are still wrapped all nicely just waiting for me to open them up so they can tell me their story.
- L.A Candy by Lauren Conrad. First off, yes I am a loser and I love being a loser. And being the loser I am, I love Lauren Conrad and how she didn’t go nuts when she moved to L.A. I love her clothing line and I really hope I will enjoy her books, even just a little.
- Marked by P.C Cast & Kristen Cast. I think I get most of my TBR list from the students in the classes I sub. This series was shown to me at the beginning of the year by a 7th grader and in turn I told her she had to read the Pretty Little Liars books before she watched the rest of the show. It’s a great deal I have going with my students, so I will probably get more ideas before school ends in June.
- 3 Willows by Ann Brashares. This is the fifth book in the Sisterhood series and I am really excited/slightly bummed because it starts with a new group of girls. I am happy to learn about a new group of girls in a different part of the U.S, but I am kinda sad to see Lena, Tibby, Carmen, and Bridget.
- Withering Tights by Louise Rennison. I just found this book about an hour ago. I am so happy that Louise Rennison wrote another book. The Georgia Nicolson series was absolutely hysterical and I am so thrilled to read another story by this author.
- Wrecked by Carol Higgins Clark. This is the 12th book in the Regan Reilly series and it came out this past April. Every time I go to the library I think about looking for it but then I get distracted by all the other great books there.
- Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris. When I first heard about True Blood I wanted to watch it, but then I heard that it was a book series and so I decided I wanted to read the books first. I am running a little behind, but I think I might be able to catch up ;P
- What’s a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria Laurie. I loved Victoria Laurie’s Psychic Eye series and I can’t wait to start the Ghost Hunter series. She is a great writer and I think I will love this series as well.
I would love to see everyone else’s lists. Any excuse to build my TBR list even further is a great idea to me.