Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Nothing says love like a cookie"

Fat Cat by Robin Brande

Synopsis:
And that’s when I realized: I wanted to be her.
Not her in the sense that I wish I had to fight saber-toothed hyenas just to get a decent meal, but her in looks. I want- and I know this sounds incredibly shallow, but science requires the truth- I wouldn’t mind for once in my life seeing what it’s like to actually look...good. Or at least better than I do right now. Maybe even pretty, if that’s possible. When I wake up in the morning, it’s like I’m wearing this giant fat suit, and if only I could find the zipper, I could step out of it and finally go start living my real life.
Review:
I had heard about this book through other blogs. I saw a couple reviews, and when I saw it at the library on the New Books shelf, I figured “why not?” Well I am glad I picked it up. I’m so  insanely happy that I picked it up. This book was absolutely the best book that I have read in awhile. I loved everything about it, the characters, the plot, the descriptions of how Cat felt with Greg. I cannot express how much I loved it just by writing (I guess I need to work on that?)
At first when I started reading it, I just thought it was about a girl who wanted to be skinny and got the chance to achieve that goal in a very weird way. But as I read more, I learned a lot, about Cat, about life, about friends, and about myself. That is what makes this book so great. I feel like any girl, no matter how old, can learn something from reading this. They might not relate to the main character as much as I do, or as much as others, but I think the book has something to give to everyone. I really think Robin Brande did a great job writing this book. She did a great job explaining the characters, she did a wonderful job expressing Cat’s feelings for things. And I really like how we didn’t find out what exactly happened between Cat and Matt until almost the very end. So even though my review might not be that great (but hey I’m still learning) I think that this book would be a great read for anyone at any age. I mean, it must be good if I want to start reading it again as soon as possible right?
Cover: 10/10
Beginning: 5/5
Ending: 5/5
Plot: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Grade: 50/50 = A+


Ramblings:
This is where I am going to put up some awesome, funny, possibly creepy things that has happened to me in the past 24 hours (at least today). So here it goes:
  • On Monday I received my Clarisonic Mia and I finally got to use it last night. I am amazed. My acne has not started to clear up yet (but I mean after 1 night c'mon.) but my skin is so much smoother. My make up went on so nicely this morning, I was actually happy with it when I left for work. 
  • Today we had a delayed opening because of all the ice. So many teachers called out, everyone had to cover extra classes (not just the 4 subs that were there either, teachers were covering for teachers) it was a madhouse. 
  • At 2 pm, while I was subbing for honors language arts (7th grade) we watched the clock go from the 12 to the 3 in about 30 seconds. Is that creepy or what?
  • And lastly, I got some caramel hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts this afternoon on my way home from work. I think I am in love. 
I hope everyone has a great night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment