Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by the Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Bookish Resolutions which means anything book related, reading related, writing related, or book related.
This week is my favorite Debut books. And like usual, they aren't really in order, just when I think of them.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer- It took me awhile to read this, my roommate at college read it because all of her students were reading it, then she made me watch the movie which made me really want to read it. Usually I do the movie/book thing the other way around, but this way it worked. Go figure
- Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison- No matter how old I am, I will always love this book and how much it makes me laugh.
- Decked by Carol Higgins Clark- Great series in all, this book came out when I was about 4, but even 20 years later its great.
- Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard- Another great series, this one got me hooked. Sara Shepard is a great author.
- Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie- Who knew psychics were so interesting. Picking this book up by accident has been one great adventure. Best suspense books I have read in awhile.
- One Child by Torey Hayden- Amazing book about a teacher and a little girl with behavior issues.
- Night Swimming by Robin Schwarz- I honestly think Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah was based off of this book. The story lines are very similar. At least at the beginning. I read this book a long time ago, but I remember how great I thought it was.
- Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner- I love the stories Jennifer Weiner comes up with. I think all of them are great, but this was her first and I think it’s good enough for my list. If you haven’t read it, or any of her books, and you like chick lit, you should definitely pick it up.
- A Little Help From Above by Saralee Rosenberg- This wasn’t her first book exactly, but it was her first fiction book, so I am counting it. My sister bought this book for me and I loved it.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella- This was her first book under her real name, so I am counting this one also. I love the whole series, I relate to Rebecca in the sense that I am a shopaholic (which is bad when you don’t have a real job.) I just think this book is really cute and fun.
What are your Top Ten Debut Books, I would love to hear them.