Thursday, December 30, 2010

In's and Out's

Ever since September I have been really into reading blogs and watching Youtube videos. I really enjoy Elle and Blair Fowler (Allthatglitters21 and Juicystar07 on Youtube) as well as a ton more. Even though I mostly talk about books on this blog, I would like to do other things as well and I really like how Elle does In's and Out's every once in awhile, and since it is the end of 2010, I figured I might as well try it.

In's:

My Ugg moccasins...I just got them for Christmas and they are sooo comfy. I have been scared to wear them out of the house, I don't want them to get ruined and I need to do the waterproof spray stuff that I stole from my sister.

My blog... I never thought I would be someone who wrote a blog. I am terribly shy and after being made fun of most of my life for enjoying things that people in my "age group" are not supposed to enjoy (Disney channel, the Jonas Brothers, basically anything little kiddish at this age and when I was younger, I was into adult mystery books) but anyway, I have been trying to change for the better and I really think this blog is helping me. It is a major stress reliever when I actually remember to blog, and I have recently been getting a few comments which have made me feel really good.

My lovely library...I don't know about other states or counties, but my library, at least until January and possibly longer (let's hope) will let you order a book and it will be sent from any other library in the county. I has saved me so much money this past year, except for when I return a book late of course, but still a dollar compared to $10, so much better. I still love my own personal library, but without a real full time job, I just can't afford to go buying books every time I walk into a bookstore.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice...I first saw this movie with the 8 year old boy I babysit, Tommy. He always gets jealous that I spend so much time over the summer with his 2 cousins (which is my job over the summer) so we had a Jen and Tommy day and I took him to see this movie  and we both loved it. I got this as a Christmas present as well, and forced my parents to watch it that night (can you tell how much of a little kid I still am?)

Secrets by OneRepublic...this is my favorite song this year. It was in the movie the Sorcerer's Apprentice which was where I first heard it and fell in love. I love the strings in it and every time I hear it, I just instantly get  happy.

Anna, Will, Tommy, Jenni and Sean...these are my 5 kids that I babysit/ are in my extended family. Each one of these kids has a trait of me in them even though we are not blood related. Anna got my craziness, Will got my temper, Tommy is stubborn, Jenni is a divi, and Sean loves food and is pretty easy going. This kids are my life. I think if I didn't have them I would be majorly depressed. They make me so happy, the love me no matter how crazy I can be, and they don't mind that I act like a kid. Actually they love that I act like a kid, it makes me more fun. And this is a quote straight from Anna's mouth to my keyboard "Jen, I like hanging out with you. You get me...and you make me laugh because your kinda crazy." Thanks to them, I have had a good year.

Out's:

Gluten...about a year and a half ago, I found out I had a gluten intolerance. For anyone that doesn't know, it means I cannot have wheat, rye, barley and some oats. Luckily for me I can have a little and survive, but it is uncomfortable. The reason that it's an out now is because I have been eating it all week. It started on Christmas and went downhill from there. So now it is out again, and I am going to try not to have gluten for a few months at least.

Snow...I usually don't mind snow, but last year our snow blower broke and for some odd reason my dad has yet to bring it to get fixed, so when the blizzard of 2010 hit it kinda sucked and I really don't want to have to shovel again for a very long time. I am still hurting (it was a semi good workout though)


So what are your in's and out's of December or 2010 in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment