Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!

In 2010, I read 51 books. This is slightly disappointing, but then it kinda makes sense. Back in January, I was a long term substitute math/ science teacher, and during that time I did not read at all. I was way to overwhelmed with what I was trying to do with the students that I didn't leave any time for myself. So here, today, I am proposing that as one of my New Year's resolutions, I want to read more than 51 books. If i do (hopefully) get a full time teaching job in September, I want to make sure that a few times a week, I make time to read a little bit.

This is the first year in a very long time that I am actually making a few resolutions. So other than making time to read no matter what, here are the others.

  • Get healthier (I eat way to much junk food and I hate vegetables, so hopefully I can find a few I like and stick with it.)
  • Write down at least one positive thing a day, either something good that happened or something positive about myself. (I tend to be very negative and I really want to work on thinking positively in the new year.)
  • Write every day, either in my journal, on this blog (which has been helping and hopefully it will keep helping) or in my writing notebook. (who knows maybe I can write a book.)
So I really hope I can keep up with these, at least for a little while. I would also really love to hear all of your resolutions, if you have any. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment