Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is Top Ten Books of 2010. I read a lot of series of books this year, so some of my books are in a series as well as the first of the series.
1. Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle... I loved each story on its own, and I loved how each story was connected in some way. It definitely helps put you in the holiday spirit.
2. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard...I loved the mystery to this book, trying to figure out what will happen and who was sending the notes. As well as who can see everything that is going on. I loved getting to know each character on their own and then as a group.
3. Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison...I love that this book was written as Georgia's diary. I loved reading about Georgia's escapades in trying to get Robbie to fall for her and I loved hearing about her crazy cat Angus.
4. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer...In my opinion it's the best book in the series. The suspense of what was going to happen kept me on edge. I ended up having crazy dreams about vampire and werewolves. I also loved seeing how the relationships between Bella and all the other characters evolved.
5. Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie...My favorite genre of books is mystery and that is what first made me pick up this book. But then Victoria Laurie made her main character a psychic, and she really did a great job describing what it would really be like being a psychic (I guess she would know since she is one). Victoria Laurie does a great job writing this book, it really keeps you entertained and her writing makes you want to know more.
6. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz...When I first started reading this book, I was so confused. I don't know what it was, but I had to write down my questions as they came to me because there were so many. I guess that is a good thing since I kept reading. I mean I needed to get my answers. The good part is I did get my answers, all of them. I really enjoyed learning about Schyler and going with her on this journey. I can't wait to get the next book to read, I need to know what will happen.
7. Jingle Boy by Kieran Scott...This book is one of my favorite holiday books. It's the second time I read it and I loved it more now than I did the first time I read it. Reading about Paul and what he is going through really makes you realize what Christmas actually is about. Kieran Scott did a great job writing this book and it's going to be a book that I pick up many more Christmas's to come.
8. Death Perception by Victoria Laurie...I did a review on this book back in November. I was a little slow reading it at first, but then one night, I just kept reading until the end. I was so into the book, I felt like I was there with Abby. I was shivering from the suspense and fear this book gave me. I actually think it might be the best book I have ever read (so far anyway). I have never gotten this reaction from a book, and I have been reading adult mysteries for over 14 years (yes I started young) I think if anyone picks a book off of this list to read in 2011, this should be the one.
9. Are These my Basoomas I see Before Me? by Louise Rennison...This is the last book of the Georgia Nicholson series, and I have to say, I loved the ending. I still want to know more though, and I am a little upset that there will not be any more stories. I have been reading and rereading these books for so many years, that I am really sad it's over. However, Louise Rennison made me laugh out loud, and I have to say, I shed a few tears. Happy tears, and sad tears. This whole series was amazing, and this particular book made the list because of how it ended. I wish I could tell you more, but I really don't want to give anything away.
10. Picture's of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff...I am surprised I haven't read this book earlier in my life. I know I have heard of it when I was younger, but it took me moving to Ct for college and in my last year meeting Patricia Reilly Giff for me to pick it up. I bought this book as well as another and while waiting for a book I ordered to come, i decided to read it. I really liked the fact that the book was written with two narratives, one being the present and the other being flashbacks. I think that it really helps us get to know Hollis and what she went through.
So now I need to know, what are your top ten in 2010? Let's make my to be read list longer (I love the help by the way.)