Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas everyone! So in honor of this time of the year, well today, I decided to let you know of some great holiday books. There are only 3 that I have found that I truly love as of right now, but hopefully I will just find more as the years go on. So here it goes...

Let it Snow by John Green, Laura Myracle and Maureen Johnson. I loved this book, it has three stories, and somehow the stories intertwine with each other. I think that is why I really enjoyed it as much as I did. You would meet a character for a second and then in the next story you would find out more about them. I am pretty sure this is my favorite holiday book and reading it every year might even been a new tradition for myself.

Jingle Boy by Kieran Scott. This book came out in 2002, and I read it while I was in high school and loved it. I picked it up again this week and I think I liked it even more than the first time. It is about a guy named Paul who has always loved Christmas, and this year everything seems to be going wrong. He decides to get revenge on Christmas, and we with him on some crazy adventures that makes his holiday go from bad to worse. I really liked the setting of this book, it's one that I can really relate to, not just because the town that it is supposed to take place in is 20 minutes from where I live, but because it doesn't happen in some big city. I also think that the moral of the story is great. All in all, it is a great book whether you are 12 or 24, and I have a feeling that I will pick it up many more times.

Mistletoe by Hailey Abbot, Melissa de la Cruz, Aimee Friedman, and Nina Malkin. This book has four short stories and it was hard to pick a favorite out of the four. This was the first holiday book I picked up this season and with each story I had trouble putting it down. It really made me want to find more holiday books like it.

So, now I need to know, do any of you have a favorite holiday book that I should add to my list? I hope everyone had a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment