Tuesday, October 5, 2010

DWTS and books I am reading

So I am a huge Dancing with the Stars fan. I haven't watched since the first season, I actually can't remember when I started watching, but I fell in love with Maks and now I am hooked. This season just started a few weeks ago, but I already have some favorites. The first is Kyle Massey, from the Disney Channel. He was so great the first day, that I just need to see how far he can go. Unfortunately, I forgot to vote last night, so let's hope he stays on. I also really like watching Jennifer Gray (Grey?), but I kinda think it's unfair since she was in Dirty Dancing. Tonight is the result night or whatever, and I honestly don't know who will go home. Maybe the Situation? I don't think he is very good, but he probably has a lot of fans since he is on the Jersey Shore (did you know that most of those people aren't from Jersey?) I don't usually watch the results, I just look up who leaves online when I remember. I am an avid fan of NCIS and have to watch it the day it comes on. And for any Glee fans, that gets taped every week which means I can watch it more than once.

Now onto books. This summer I started reading 4 different series of books. The first was the Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison (the first book is Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging) I have read the first few books before, but they are so hilarious, that I decided to start all over again. The books are a diary written by a girl named Georgia who lives in England with her parents, her crazy younger sister, and her insane cat Angus who she says is part Scottish wild cat. A movie was made compiling bits and pieces from the first and second books of the series, it was on Teen Nick and was equally as funny as the books. Anyone see it?

The second series is the It Girl by Cecily von Zeigesar (author of Gossip Girl) I do like this series, but I liked Gossip Girl a little bit better. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to get into the book, but then I get to the middle and I can't put it down. Strange right? Anyway, the series is a spin off of Gossip Girl when Jenny Humphry decides to get away from her old school Constance and goes to boarding school at Waverly. She goes from a nothing in NY to the it girl on campus. The only thing I wasn't so big on was that Jenny goes from being a not very rich girl in NY to a not very rich girl at the boarding school. I don't understand how everyone has to be rich in her books.

I also began reading Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shephard. I saw a commercial for the show (before it began) and decided that I needed to see what it really was about. I was hooked instantly. These books are a combo of major drama and mystery, which I love, and all of the books had endings that just made you want more. I had to wait 3 months to get the last book, Wanted, and now that I am done, I am sorta sad because it definitely seems to be the last book. When I say I'm sad, it's more like I am disappointed that I can't read more about these characters, that's how good I thought it was. Anyone read these yet? If so, what did you think?

The last series that I started reading is the Psychic Eye Series by Victoria Laurie. I picked the first book up from the paperback section in my library just so I could have another book to bring on vacation in July. I didn't read it on vacation, I didn't read it the week after, I waited almost a month not thinking I would enjoy it. I was wrong. The books are about a psychic named Abby who is 30 and single and gets involved in helping the cops figure out a murder. I love trying to figure out how these books will end. I am currently reading the 4th book of the series which I will probably review when I finish it since it is the first book I am reading since having the blog.

Last, but not least, I would love to hear what others have to say about books, tv, movies, whatever. So if there are any books that you think I should add to my 500+ books to read, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment