Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Venomous Villains

Over the weekend I decided to drive a half an hour away to go to the Limited and try to find a suit. I was hoping that maybe if I bought a suit with long sleeves (I have one with short sleeves and is totally cute, but totally doesn't work for fall/winter) that maybe, just maybe, I will get a job interview. I was really excited to go because I looked at suits online and I picked one that I thought I would love. I get there and I hate it. So instead of just feeling bad for myself for driving so far away when I have 4 malls within 20 minutes of my house (less than 20 usually) that I would try and make the trip better. I bought a dress from Delia's, a necklace from the Icing and decided to check out Mac. The store was packed and I only slightly looked at the Venomous Villains collection and then left.

As I was leaving the mall, I had to walk through Macy's and right when I walked in there was the Mac counter, so I looked at the collection again and fell in love. Now, I normally don't buy stuff from Mac since I am poor, but I love Disney and I couldn't pass it up. The girl who helped me was awesome too, I was just going to get the Bad Fairy nailpolish from the Maleficent part of the collection but it was sold out and I was going to leave I couldn't help being mesmerized by the eyeshadow duo in She who Dares (I love the names of everything) and then the extremely nice and funny girl who helped me talked me into a lipgloss (which I will use this weekend for a wedding I am attending) and a powder thing. So the lipgloss was from Cruella in Devilishly Stylish which is nude shade and the powder was from the dude from the Princess and the Frog (great new princess movie) and it was the Magically Cool Liquid Powder (I got the lighter shade since I am pale) I was amazed at the powder. It felt like you were rubbing a drop of water on your skin and left a bit of shimmer. Since I only bought 3 things I was very proud of myself, but then I had to bring something back to the mall on Monday and decided to go nuts, again.

So I went to the biggest mall by me on Monday (I took the day off for a doctor's appointment) and I parked by Nordstrom and walked through. I had no idea that Nordstrom had a Mac counter (yeah I'm kinda slow) so I figured since I didn't get the nailpolish I wanted, I would try and see if they had it in stock and guess what, THEY DID. So I got the Bad Fairy nailpolish that I wanted and sprung for the other Cruella lipgloss in Wicked Ways which on the website it says its a fushia but it really looks like a red to me. Anyway I love it and now I really need to stop spending money. I think I need to go to shopaholics anonymous in order to help me not spend money so often.

So has anyone else bought anything from the new Mac collection? If so, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment